Senior Product Manager, Growth
Product, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Growth Role 🚀
KOHO was founded to democratize access to wealth-building tools for all Canadians. A key part of our mission is that this is for all Canadians, and not just some Canadians and as such - growth is a critical part of our story. We’ve come a long way to date. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 600,000 users, but that's just us getting started. We’re now building the next wave of features that will bring millions and eventually 10’s of millions of Canadians to KOHO and that's where you come in!
We’re searching for an experienced product manager that understands product-led growth and has delivered product-led growth before, not just read the articles about it. You’ve built referral engines, built out automated triggered lifecycle campaigns, you’ve found the AHA moment in a previous product and turned it into a shareable growth loop so more and more users end up joining.
At KOHO, you will be responsible for identifying product-led growth levers to extend the KOHO product to millions of more users.
What You'll Be Doing
- Your scope will cover product onboarding, growth loops, loyalty programs, referral engines, a/b tests, instrumentation, lifecycle and so much more.
- You will work closely with the KOHO product development team to define the vision and strategies for your product area and create product roadmaps to execute those strategies.
- You will work closely with designers to bring their tweaks to life quickly (UX tweaks, UI tweaks, copy tweaks).
- You will run fake door tests to get a fast signal from the noise before committing resources.
- You will gather requirements and create specifications for the development team.
- You will make executive decisions on the development team's priorities to deliver the highest-impact projects.
- You will map out the minimum viable product, coordinate resources to successfully launch products, and measure core success metrics to continually iterate and improve future phases.
- You’ll create moments that will make users go “Aha, cool!” and smile. You’ll brighten up their day and when your work is working at its best, our users might not even notice it at all - it’ll be frictionless, and simple allowing our users to get back to their busy days.
- Internally, your cross-functional peers will look to you to set the north star and bring everyone along together to turn your vision into a reality for our users.
A little About You
- 🎓 You are experienced - What this means for us: You have 3+ years of work experience in product management. Previous experience working with a fintech company is preferred, given the technical, regulatory, and ecosystem complexity within this role.
- 🤔 You are a critical thinker - What this means for us: You think critically, you’re intellectually curious and you have strong reasoning skills. You keep asking questions, you keep breaking the problem down, and you keep pushing until you get to the root cause. You do not inherit, you do not presume, and you do not do because it has always been done. You put your hands up when you don’t understand, you ask why, you do not worry about looking silly, and you do not stop until you understand.
- 🤖 You are systematic - What this means for us: You build systems that scale. You build on top of best practices. You deploy local learnings for global impact. You don’t just look for the way to solve the problem, you look for the way to solve the problem so that it’s never a problem again.
- 🔥 You are an accelerant - What this means for us: You’re the momentum booster in the team. You accelerate the best ideas. You rapidly uncover value for our users. You move at pace to build a machine that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- 🔍 You are objective - What this means for us: You have a strong data-driven approach in decision-making. The numbers lead the way. The best idea wins the right to be worked on. You prioritize based on impact and effort assumptions and our assumptions are grounded in numbers. You stress test your assumptions continually. You run experiments to find the signal from the noise.
- 💬 You are a crisp communicator - What this means for us: You’re the glue that bonds us all together. You direct traffic. You share outcomes, learnings, insights, updates, and results. You’re the voice of the user when they’re not in the room. Your communications are concise. When reporting results, you use numbers, not adjectives.
- 🤠 You’re an owner - What this means for us: you own the outcomes. You find ways to keep moving the ball forward, directly and indirectly. You are empowered to work autonomously, you escalate blockers and you find a way.
A Little Bit About Us at KOHO
- KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage.
- We do this by building financial products that have fair and transparent pricing along the product dimensions of speed, access, and yield.
- Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 600,000 users.
- Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
- The KOHO collective has grown to 350+ employees to date.
- The best way to learn more about us is to jump into the short videos below:
- 📺 A word from Dan, our CEO
- 📺 The KOHO culture
- 📺 What is it like to work at KOHO?
- 📺 A video from Brendan, our CPO
- 📺 A recent KOHO brand campaign
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• 🧘♂️ Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up
• 💻 Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• 🆙 Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget
• 🥅 Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• 🙌 The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
• 🤝 Be an Owner - Every KOHO employee gets a generous amount of equity with a 10 year exercise window
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
See more open positions at KOHO Financial
Something looks off?