Forward Deployed Engineer - Government Projects
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
Meroxa is on a mission to enable anyone to leverage real-time data regardless of technical ability.
Our objective is to equip organizations, regardless of size, with the means to break free from data silos, enhance decision-making, and develop real-time applications that contribute value to the world. We firmly believe that with the right tools, we can enable everyone to harness the potential of real-time data, fostering a more interconnected and informed global community. With the right data, we can unleash an endless amount of possibilities.
About This Role
As a part of Meroxa, you'll have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in our expansion within the Government space. Your role as a Forward Deployed Engineer will be instrumental in assisting our governmental partners in effectively utilizing the Meroxa platform to address their unique challenges. Serving as an on-site expert, you will collaborate closely with our customers, enabling them to harness the power of real-time data and innovate in this next era.
Come join us at Meroxa and let's embark on a journey of innovation fueled by real-time data possibilities.
- Customer Collaboration: Collaborate directly with government agencies to understand their data needs and challenges, building strong, trust-based relationships.
- Solution Implementation: Utilize the Meroxa platform to design and deploy data solutions that meet the specific requirements and objectives of our government partners.
- Technical Expertise: Serve as a technical expert on-site, providing guidance and support to ensure the successful adoption and utilization of the Meroxa platform.
- Problem-Solving: Identify and address technical challenges and roadblocks, working closely with cross-functional teams to find effective solutions.
- Training and Education: Educate government partners on best practices and use cases for real-time data, helping them maximize the value of the Meroxa platform.
- Advocacy and Feedback: Act as an advocate for Meroxa’s customers in internal discussions about product features and improvements.
- You will need to live in or near Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong technical background with experience in data engineering, ETL processes, or related fields.
- Experience working with Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language. While your day-to-day job won’t require programming, it will be useful for you to be able to jump into the code if necessary.
- Experience deploying and supporting enterprise software in highly-regulated/high-security environments.
- Preference for simple solutions and designs over complex ones.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, adapt to new technologies, and handle customer challenges effectively.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and gain trust at all organizational levels.
- Active US Security clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance (To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check).
- Experience in a DoD (Department of Defense) environment (preferred).
Projects You May Work On:
- Custom connector development for Conduit (our Open Source data integration tool)
- Stream Processing app development (Turbine/Flink/Beam)
- Deploying and configuring the Meroxa Data Platform for government customers
Note: Even if you're unsure about being a perfect fit, but you see this role as an opportunity for growth – we encourage you to apply! We firmly believe that skills can be transferred, and the ideal team member, with the right determination, enthusiasm, and growth mindset, can make significant strides.
What We Offer
Health, dental, & vision - Meroxa offers PPO and HMO plans for you, your family, or your domestic partner. We pay 75%, and you pay 25%
Unlimited Time Off - We know you'll love working at Meroxa so much that you'll want to stay heads down every day and night, but seriously we want you to take the time you need to bring your best self to work.
Paid parental leave - When you welcome a new baby, Meroxa encourages you to take up to 16 weeks of leave as a primary or secondary caregiver at 100% paid salary.
And more... We're constantly looking at ways to improve our employee experience through service offerings(401k, student loan payback, discount programs, self-service training, mental health, etc...)
Meroxa was founded by DeVaris Brown and Ali Hamidi. We've spent years working together building the world's best PaaS experience for web apps at Heroku and want to bring that same magical experience to the data ecosystem by enabling developers to leverage real-time data with their existing workflows.
We've been building our platform since early 2020 and are backed by some amazing investors(Drive, Root Ventures, Amplify Partners, Village Global, and Hustle Fund) and angels who've been in senior engineering and leadership roles at companies like GitHub, Looker, Heroku, Datadog, Autodesk, WePay, and TheRealReal.
Meroxa is an equal-opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.