Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
We are looking for a Material/Production Planner to join our team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing. Come solve the hardest problems with the best team on the planet!
The Material/Production Planner plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the production process by effectively managing material resources, coordinating production schedules, and optimizing inventory levels. This role involves collaborating closely with various departments, including procurement, production, logistics, and sales, to meet production goals, maintain inventory accuracy, and minimize disruptions in the supply chain.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations & Production Supervisors to create and maintain production schedules, considering factors such as lead times, capacity, and demand forecasts.
- Ensure that production schedules are aligned with customer orders, sales forecasts, and production capacity.
- Work with our WeldOn Customers to plan inbound and outbound shipments.
Material Requirement Planning (MRP):
- Utilize MRP systems to analyze material requirements based on production schedules and sales forecasts.
- Generate purchase orders for required raw materials, components, and supplies to maintain optimal inventory levels while minimizing excess.
- Monitor inventory levels of raw materials, finished goods, and work-in-progress items to prevent shortages or overstock situations.
- Implement inventory control strategies to reduce carrying costs and improve inventory turnover.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to gather information on demand trends, new product launches, and market changes to improve accuracy in production and material planning.
- Identify opportunities to improve production efficiency by optimizing scheduling, minimizing changeovers, and reducing production lead times.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Collect and analyze data related to production performance, inventory levels, and supply chain metrics.
- Generate regular reports for management to review production status, material availability, and potential issues.
- Participate in cross-functional teams focused on process improvement initiatives to enhance overall supply chain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain clear and open communication with cross-functional teams, including production, procurement, logistics, and quality assurance, to address any potential bottlenecks or challenges.
- Train Cell Operators to use Netsuite Systems and procedures to ensure production transparency.
- Develop QC Material movement
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- You have proven experience in production planning, material planning, or supply chain coordination within a manufacturing environment.
- You are familiar with MRP systems, ERP software, and inventory management tools.
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external suppliers.
- You are detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality in planning and execution.
- You are able to adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You have knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies is a plus.
- You are a team player—no matter how small the task may seem, you complete it with a positive attitude
- The Material/Production Planner plays a critical role in maintaining the equilibrium between production and materials to ensure optimal operational efficiency and customer satisfaction. This role contributes to the overall success of the company by facilitating seamless production processes and effective supply chain management.
- You are are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a well funded, venture-backed company, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time