Software Engineering Manager
At Path we work on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. Our transformative technology, like our robotic welding system, enables hardware to do more with less human input.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead our forward-thinking software development team. As a key player in shaping the future of manufacturing, you will report directly to the Director of Software. Take charge of steering a highly motivated team of software engineers towards designing an adaptive backend and UI modernization that seamlessly integrates robots, sensors, and cutting-edge algorithms
Come solve hard problems with an amazing team!
What You’ll Do
- Develop a strategic roadmap for our UI modernization, aligning it with the overall product vision and business objectives.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies and frameworks for our UI development, considering factors like scalability, performance, and maintainability.
- Design and shape the architecture of our systems and work cross functionally with other teams to ensure successful integration.
- Lead a highly motivated team of software engineers to design a flexible backend that integrates robots, sensors, and other systems with cutting-edge algorithms.
- Communicate progress, challenges, and achievements to stakeholders, keeping them informed and engaged throughout the UI development process.
- Gather feedback from stakeholders to make iterative improvements to the UI design and overall functionality.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture, encouraging creativity and problem-solving.
- Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team and introduce new technologies and processes.
- Build and develop a strong engineering culture, responsible for delivering creative and scalable solutions.
- Utilize agile methodologies to plan and track progress effectively.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience leading and mentoring engineering teams
- You have an advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent years of experience
- Your superpower is organizing and motivating people to maximize their impact and align them to their strengths
- You have strong organizational and strategic planning skills with a keen ability to align technical efforts with business goals.
- You have previous experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable software systems
- You have proficient programming skills in Python and React.
- You have experience translating design mockups into functional and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed startup early on, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You like the idea of working at a tech startup with all the perks that go with that- free lunch, unlimited time off, team events, and great benefits
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the mother
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus