Build the Path Forward
At Path we work on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. Our transformative technology, like our robotic welding system, enables hardware to do more with less human input.
We are looking for a Weld Engineer who will work side-by-side with a team of welding engineers to develop an autonomous robotic welding system capable of automatically generating custom motion plans and weld parameters for any part that it sees. You will also support teams with welding experiments, generating the data that propels our technology forward. You will report to the Process Engineering Manager and will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing.
What You’ll Do
- Run weld parameter selection experiments to identify a range of welding parameters (voltage, wire speed, travel speed) that can be used for new customer applications
- Partner with robotics engineers to develop a set of rules for how to move the workpiece and robot end-effector to automate trajectory generation
- Understand and articulate in detail the intricacies and complexities of Path Robotics’ customers’ production environment and welding requirements
- Utilize Path Robotics’ software to generate motion plans and weld parameters for customer components.
- Prepare Path Robotics’ system for factory and customer site acceptance testing.
- Perform robotic welding experiments to test other systems in development including sensors and inspection systems, path planning and welding strategies, and new hardware
- Work with engineers to fabricate test coupons for application feasibility testing and other in-house experiments
- Visually inspect welds for acceptability to various welding specifications.
- Minimum of 25% travel required, in which you will be interfacing and working directly on a customers floor.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience developing welding procedures for manual or robotic arc welding applications
- You are proficient in programming industrial robotics including Yaskawa, ABB, Kuka, and Fanuc platforms
- You have a background in fusion-based weld parameter development for several metal alloys, including welding of carbon steel, titanium, and aluminum utilizing robotic methods.
- You understand dynamic robotic welding technologies including adaptive fill, touch sensing, and seam tracking
- You are proficient with manual welding processes including GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW
- You understand weld symbology and print interpretation
- You have experience with Design of Experiment (DoE) principles
- You have experience with Non-Destructive Evaluation techniques
- ASNT UT Level II certification is preferred.
- 5+ years experience developing NDT procedures and training personnel preferred
- You enjoy building lasting relationships and understand the importance of excellent customer service
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed startup early on, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You like the idea of working at a tech company with all the perks that go with that- free lunch, unlimited time off, team events, and great benefits
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.