Senior Software Engineer, Back End
Physna is changing the way software interacts with the physical world. Our industry-leading geometric deep learning technology bridges the gap between physical objects and digital code. Physna is proud to partner with the United States Air Force to reduce risk in supply chain, manage obsolescence, reverse engineering, and identify alternative, more effective sources of supply.
Thangs.com is a consumer product of Physna and the world’s first geometric search engine, 3D-native revision control tool, and 3D social platform home to 16+ million models! Thangs gives creators access to powerful search, collaboration and AI-powered predictive tools that have never been available before in the world of 3D data. Free to join and easy to use, Thangs democratizes the world of 3D models and creates a global index of the physical world.
Physna is a Series B startup backed by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Google Ventures, and Drive Capital. We are working on novel problems in a world experiencing rapid 3D adoption.
What You’ll Do
Through recent partnerships, Physna is building an enterprise platform to streamline supply chain efficiencies. You will be supporting the Physna Enterprise platform as we continually build out features for our growing supplier and vendor network in government and private sectors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a scalable ingestion pipeline
- Large datasets on shared mongoDB clusters
- Implementing modern, scalable REST APIs
- Application of data structures and algorithms to ensure our services scale
- Text using using Apache Lucene
- Design and prototype Physna's next-generation geometric search
- Finding best solutions within Google Cloud Architecture
What We’ll Expect from You
- Bachelor’s degree in CE, CSE, or Math/Statistics
- 5+ years of Node.js experience
- Thorough understanding of cloud architecture (Google Cloud is a plus)
- Experience building services in Node.js
- Experience implementing modern and scalable REST APIs
- Proven record of building software from the ground up
- Moderate experience in performance engineering
- A security clearance is not required for this position
Nice to Have
- Experience building data processing pipelines, microservices and highly scalable distributed systems
- Past experience in building search engines
- Demonstrated expertise in data structures and application of algorithms
- Startup Experience
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Why You’ll Like Working for Us
We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We cover health, dental and vision insurance premiums at 100% for the family. We also make a meaningful contribution into employees’ Health Savings Account (HSA). We believe in competitive and fair compensation, offer a 401k, provide a generous holiday and PTO schedule, monthly WFH stipend, monthly well-being budget, unlimited virtual Mental Health therapy, as well as financial assistance for Alternative Medicine, Financial Wellness, Legal Services, Tax Support, and Caregiver Support.
We care about our culture. We believe in diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging. We believe in treating each other with kindness and respect. We are a culture of innovation, transparency, accountability, failing fast and learning quickly.
Something looks off?