Senior Procurement Specialist
CURRENT ROOT EMPLOYEES - Please apply using the career page in Workday. This career site is for external applicants only.
We are looking for a Senior Procurement Specialist who is a highly analytical and creative problem solver ready to roll up their sleeves and work with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. As an analyst on the Root Procurement Team, you will play an integral role in supporting the procure to pay function in a variety of department required categories through sourcing, negotiating, operations, and reporting. The best person for the role will exhibit a high level of ownership and empathy when it comes to fulfilling business needs while balancing and aligning those needs with larger strategic finance initiatives.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
Salary Range: $70,000 to $90,000
How You Will Make an Impact
- Partners with business units and approvers to manage vendor contracts throughout the entire procurement contracting lifecycle (new, renewal, payment, non-renews, etc.)
- Maintains and improves contracting database including tracking key functional metrics
- Supports contract administration/negotiations, procure to pay operations, and finance department initiatives
- Drives continuous innovation and improvement in procurement program through
- Develops and maintains effective business partner relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree with analytical focus and/or procurement, supply chain, finance, program management and/or relevant industry certifications
- Preferred: 1+ year(s) demonstrated procurement, procure to pay, or contracting experience and/or fast-paced technology environment a plus
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborator; ability to partner with business partners through change management and sharing the “why” behind processes
- Approaches problem solving with natural intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable, contracts management, and negotiating terms preferred
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Root, Inc., we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.