Senior Product Manager
Sidecar Health is redefining health insurance. Our mission is to make excellent healthcare affordable and attainable for everyone. We know that to accomplish this lofty mission, we need driven people who will make things happen.
The passionate people who make up Sidecar Health’s team come from all over, with backgrounds as tech leaders, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and beyond. And they all have one thing in common—the desire to fix a broken system and make it more personalized, affordable, and transparent.
If you want to use your talents to transform healthcare in the United States, come join us!
About the Role
Our innovative no-network, cash-pay model incentivizes members to shop for care and make informed decisions based on price and quality. You shop for all major purchases, why not healthcare too? From simple office visits to complex care, we are on a mission to make healthcare easy to understand and simplify the process of comparing provider pricing.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of initiatives that enable members to shop for care. You will be responsible for improving our search engine to return the most relevant results, enhancing the user experience with relevant educational support, and leveraging data to tell compelling stories. Working closely with other product leaders, you will establish a shared vision across the company, building consensus on priorities to optimize product design and execution.
What You’ll Do
- Design systems and user experiences that help members find cost-effective and quality care across all types of healthcare, spanning multiple geographies.
- Understand and map various member healthcare journeys, providing support through customization and personalization.
- Ensure our system remains current and compliant with new insurance regulations.
- Understand direct and indirect data relationships and seamlessly present them to members.
- Analyze user behavior and site usage data to optimize performance and prioritize projects.
- Collaborate with engineering to scope upcoming projects, break them into user stories (including the definition of a minimally viable product), and prioritize them into sprints.
- Lead a pod composed of engineers and product designers to deliver features aligned with the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with other members of the product management team to improve internal processes, procedures, and documentation, enhancing the overall operations of the department.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing the development of search engine or data analytics platforms.
- Experience working on user-facing applications with a strong sense of good design and user experience.
- Strong SQL skills to independently analyze and investigate data.
- Strong understanding of Agile development and Scrum methodology.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to break down large problems into minimally viable products.
- Ability to comprehend technical requirements and effectively communicate them to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to bring structure to chaotic or ambiguous situations and decisions.
- Willingness to collaborate cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, coupled with strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth-stage startup is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for a data-driven culture.
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and equity package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401k retirement plan
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Opportunity to make an impact at a rapidly growing mission-driven company transforming healthcare in the U.S.
Sidecar Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.