Senior Product Manager
Sidecar Health is redefining health insurance. Our mission is to make excellent healthcare affordable and attainable for everyone. We know that to accomplish this lofty mission, we need driven people who will make things happen.
The passionate people who make up Sidecar Health’s team come from all over, with backgrounds as tech leaders, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and beyond. And they all have one thing in common—the desire to fix a broken system and make it more personalized, affordable, and transparent.
If you want to use your talents to transform healthcare in the United States, come join us!
About the Role
With proven product-market fit, we are on a mission to scale and automate our claims process. In addition to traditional electronically submitted claims, our innovative no-network, cash-pay model creates an opportunity for members to submit claim receipts (images and PDFs) for processing. As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead the ideation, development, and launch of initiatives for Sidecar Health that enable us to process these claims at scale.
Partnering with engineering, business intelligence, and data analytics, you’ll use OCR and AI/ML models to read, ingest and process expenses with high accuracy. You will be responsible for defining the roadmap, reviewing and understanding quality data, and incorporating that as feedback for continuous improvement.
What You'll Do
- Define and execute a strategy and roadmap to automate claims ingestion in alignment with our business goals
- Define the use cases and requirements that allow us to support increasingly complex claim scenarios
- Define and analyze quality metrics and use that information in roadmap prioritization
- Identify opportunities where AI/ML can be applied to gain efficiencies and scale in claims ingestion and normalization
- Establish processes and KPIs to measure and report on goal progress
- Ensure our system remains current and compliant with new insurance regulations
- Work with engineering to scope upcoming projects, break them into user stories, and prioritize them into sprints for constant release of incremental value
- Lead a pod comprising engineers and product designers to deliver features in line with the product roadmap
- Work closely with other product leaders to establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product optimization and execution
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, data science, information systems, business administration, or a related field
- 4+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years managing AI, ML, or other data products
- Strong SQL skills to self-serve analysis and investigations
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in utilizing complex datasets to conceptualize, build, and launch large-scale data-driven systems
- Experience with system interoperability, API development, data security, and overall ML system architecture
- Strong understanding of Agile development and Scrum methodology
- Ability to break large problems down into smaller parts for incremental testing or value delivery
- Ability to absorb technical requirements and communicate them to a broad range of business audiences
- Ability to frame and add structure to chaotic or ambiguous situations and decisions
- Willingness to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders coupled with strong persuasion and influencing skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth-stage startup is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for a data-driven culture
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and equity package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401k retirement plan
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Opportunity to make an impact at a rapidly growing mission-driven company transforming healthcare in the U.S.
Sidecar Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.