Senior Claims Processor
Sidecar Health is redefining health insurance. Our mission is to make excellent healthcare affordable and attainable for everyone. We know that to accomplish this lofty mission, we need driven people who will make things happen.
The passionate people who make up Sidecar Health’s team come from all over, with backgrounds as tech leaders, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and beyond. And they all have one thing in common—the desire to fix a broken system and make it more personalized, affordable, and transparent.
If you want to use your talents to transform healthcare in the United States, come join us!
*Must reside in OH, IA, MN, NC, WI, GA, or FL for consideration*
As a Senior Claims Processor, you will play a vital part in making a positive impact on our members’ lives. We are looking for empathetic, reliable, and detail-oriented individuals to process complex medical claims and resolve queries from our members. Your tasks will include coding procedures, pricing claims, and ensuring accuracy in a dynamic startup environment.
- Process complex medical claims by identifying, coding, and entering procedure codes, diagnosis codes, and provider information from invoices and receipts submitted by our members
- Process hospital claims from UB04 claim forms and professional claims from HCFA 1500
- Review descriptions of services in medical records and invoices and assign appropriate codes to accurately categorize services
- Price claims based on pricing agreements and fee schedule
- Offer constructive feedback on processing instructions to proactively identify potential sources of errors and enhance accuracy
- Work on additional projects as needed
- AAPC Medical Coding Certification or 2+ years of experience with hospital billing/facility claim processing
- APC experience strongly preferred
- Great work ethic and ability to push yourself in a remote setting
- Compassion, empathy, and great investigation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and quality control in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form with your team
- Willingness to be on camera during meetings
- Experience with Microsoft office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Understanding of and affinity for the Sidecar Health mission – making great, affordable healthcare available to all
What You'll Get
- Competitive hourly rate, company equity, and ample opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with no waiting period
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- IT Equipment, including laptop and monitors
- An opportunity to make an impact at a rapidly growing mission-driven company transforming healthcare in the U.S.
Sidecar Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.