Senior Salesforce Developer
Signal Advisors is on a mission to solve the retirement crisis. 69% of Americans do not work with a financial advisor today and only a quarter of Americans have a financial plan. Our team is reimagining a 60-year old industry—bringing new technologies, comprehensive services, and an inspired vision to financial advisors. Supported by our incredible investors, we’ve grown from a small Detroit-based team in 2020 to over 120 team members distributed across the country.
We are: Empowering Leaders. Client Advocates. Entrepreneurial Champions.
Our team is a blend of industry experts and technologists building a better business, together. We’re in it for the long haul. Are you looking to be part of a dedicated, distributed team where you can architect your impact and shape the company’s vision? Join us at Signal!
SENIOR SALESFORCE DEVELOPER
We are seeking a Senior Salesforce Developer to join our engineering team to help build best-in-class services for our financial advisors. Salesforce Service Cloud is core to our business. We use Salesforce to power the “people” side of our platform and do this in a highly automated, digital way.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will work directly with other Salesforce developers, Product Managers, and Platform Engineers on the backend of our Salesforce environments that support our web-based, advisor platform. They would also be responsible for implementing new services, APIs, and business processes. In addition to hands-on development, they will provide architectural recommendations and lead conversations on best-practices. An ideal candidate would have a highly technical background and be comfortable working with tools like VS Code and Salesforce DX.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Collaborate with internal teams and Salesforce Admins to implement internal tools for our employees
- Work with our platform development team to implement APIs for the Signal Advisors platform
- Help design and implement integrations between multiple Salesforce orgs and external microservices
- Work with clients to remedy technical issues they are facing on the platform
- Create and maintain code documentation
- Participate in code reviews and technical planning meetings
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN TEAM MEMBERS
We’re currently building out many new initiatives and programs. You’ll need to quickly ramp up and start executing. We talk a lot about strategy and high-level ideas, and you should be able to independently translate ideas into action, dig into the details, and make progress toward our team’s goals.
You’re someone that geeks out on processes and is a sucker for making sure things stay on track. The goal is to be meticulous enough for quality output but not meticulous to the point of indecision.
Our teams at Signal are small but mighty—we expect team members to work independently, grab the jump ball, and get it past the finish line. Receiving & giving feedback is crucial to accountability. You should be someone that’s comfortable with a
🏆 Agile Champion
We’re an Agile development organization. You have experience working within Agile methodologies and are excited to advocate for Agile principles and best practices.
You operate autonomously. You exercise independent judgment in matters of significance, take initiative with little direction, and raise your hand when collaboration and support is needed.
- 6+ years experience working with Apex, Lightning Web Components/Aura, VS Code, and SOQL
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce DX and source-driven development
- An understanding of continuous integration systems (specifically CircleCI)
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async, Apex REST, Mulesoft, or other integration platforms
- Financial Cloud or Financial Services experience preferred
WHAT WE VALUE @ SIGNAL
🌔 We’re obsessed with finding a better way. Never settle for less.
💯 We own it. Taking things from 0 to 1, and then from 1 to 100.
🪄 We amaze every client, every time. A great company is built one client at a time.
🏃 We act with a sense of urgency. We use our best judgment to act urgently on the right things at the right time.
👀 We raise our level of awareness. Everything starts with awareness. We’re curious and alert to what is happening around us.
🏈 We find inches everywhere around us. There are thousands of opportunities to make an impact. We take those opportunities and act.
🧭 We do the right thing. Sticking to the highest standard of integrity is not optional.
💪 We have strong opinions, loosely held. It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.
❓ Simplicity is Genius. Simplicity doesn’t just clarify; it makes things better for everyone. It’s that simple.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The US base salary for this full-time position is determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
In addition to salary, our team members benefits include:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- FSA or HSA-eligible health plans
- 3% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
- Parental leave: 16 weeks for birthing parents & 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Learning & Development stipend
- Wellness Programs
- Unlimited vacation with 3 week minimum
- 10 company-wide holidays
- $500 for your home office setup
- Remote-first company with no in-person requirement
- Annual all-company retreat
- Competitive equity package based on on role and level
Our company is committed to building a team that represents the many dimensions of diversity. We know underrepresented groups have been systematically excluded from certain spaces, and we strongly encourage you to apply in honor of the background and identities you embody, including location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as just the start of the conversation. Take the leap — you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t fully match the job description.
Something looks off?