Signal Advisors is on a mission to solve the retirement crisis. 69% of Americans do not work with a financial advisor today and only a quarter of Americans have a financial plan. Our team is reimagining a 60-year old industry—bringing new technologies, comprehensive services, and an inspired vision to financial advisors. Supported by our incredible investors, we’ve grown from a small Detroit-based team in 2020 to over 120 team members distributed across the country.
We are: Empowering Leaders. Client Advocates. Entrepreneurial Champions.
Our team is a blend of industry experts and technologists building a better business, together. We’re in it for the long haul. Are you looking to be part of a dedicated, distributed team where you can architect your impact and shape the company’s vision? Join us at Signal!
The Trading Associate at Signal Wealth will play a critical role in managing the firm's investment portfolios, ensuring that trades are executed effectively, and managing risk associated with those trades. Additionally, the Trading Associate would play a key role in supporting our Sr. Portfolio Manager and providing excellent client service.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Responsible for executing trades for clients in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that trades are executed at the best available prices
- Perform a broad range of trading and rebalancing tasks across 10,000+ accounts
- Manage risk associated with trades, monitoring trade settlement, and mitigating any trade errors
- Ensuring that all trades comply with regulatory requirements and the firm's policies and procedures
- Work with a team of traders, creating and standardizing trading procedures, and ensuring coverage of all trading needs
- Responsible for providing excellent client service, including communicating with clients about trades, cashiering needs, portfolio management, and addressing any client concerns or questions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN TEAM MEMBERS
We’re currently building out many new initiatives and programs. You’ll need to quickly ramp up and start executing. We talk a lot about strategy and high-level ideas, and you should be able to independently translate ideas into action, dig into the details, and make progress toward our team’s goals.
Our teams at Signal are small but mighty—we expect team members to work independently, grab the jump ball, and get it past the finish line. Receiving & giving feedback is crucial to accountability. You should be someone that’s comfortable with a culture of continuous feedback.
💁 Customer Centric
You’re obsessed with creating an unparalleled customer experience. You lead with compassion, anticipate customer needs and wants, and bring ease and calm to all interactions—knowing every customer interaction is an opportunity to amaze.
You understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles, and you celebrate opportunities to reach out and work together cross-functionally and with people from diverse backgrounds.
WHAT WE VALUE @ SIGNAL
🌔 We’re obsessed with finding a better way. Never settle for less.
🪄 We amaze every client, every time. A great company is built one client at a time.
🏃 We act with a sense of urgency. We use our best judgment to act urgently on the right things at the right time.
👀 We raise our level of awareness. Everything starts with awareness. We’re curious and alert to what is happening around us.
🏈 We find inches everywhere around us. There are thousands of opportunities to make an impact. We take those opportunities and act.
🧭 We do the right thing. Sticking to the highest standard of integrity is not optional.
💪 We have strong opinions, loosely held. It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.
❓ Simplicity is Genius. Simplicity doesn’t just clarify; it makes things better for everyone. It’s that simple.
🙏 Ideas are valued, execution is worshiped. Great ideas get you to the 50-yard line; outstanding execution gets you into the end zone.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
In addition to salary, our team members benefits include:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- FSA or HSA-eligible health plans
- 3% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
- Parental leave: 16 weeks for birthing parents & 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Learning & Development stipend
- Wellness Programs
- Unlimited vacation with 3 week minimum
- 10 company-wide holidays
- $500 for your home office setup
- Remote-first company with no in-person requirements
- Annual all-company retreat
- Competitive equity package based on on role and level
Our company is committed to building a team that represents the many dimensions of diversity. We know underrepresented groups have been systematically excluded from certain spaces, and we strongly encourage you to apply in honor of the background and identities you embody, including location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as just the start of the conversation. Take the leap — you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t fully match the job description.