Senior Financial Planning Specialist
Signal Advisors is on a mission to solve the retirement crisis. 69% of Americans do not work with a financial advisor today and only a quarter of Americans have a financial plan. Our team is reimagining a 60-year old industry—bringing new technologies, comprehensive services, and an inspired vision to financial advisors. Supported by our incredible investors, we’ve grown from a small Detroit-based team in 2020 to over 100 team members distributed across the country.
We are: Empowering Leaders. Client Advocates. Entrepreneurial Champions.
Our team is a blend of industry experts and technologists building a better business, together. We’re in it for the long haul. Are you looking to be part of a dedicated, distributed team where you can architect your impact and shape the company’s vision? Join us at Signal!
SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNING SPECIALIST
Signal is seeking an experienced, ambitious Senior Financial Planning Specialist to join our Financial Planning Team, with an immense focus on Signal Wealth, our newly launched TAMP/RIA and our Annuity business. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of financial planning principles, primarily focusing on assets under management and annuities, coupled with excellent customer service skills. You will focus on providing holistic planning support to financial advisors and their prospective clients nationwide.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Partner with advisors through the sales process, guiding them toward an appropriate product and strategy for their clients, contingent on their unique financial situation
- Create product proposals and illustrations using Excel, carrier tools, and 3rd party software to recommend products to producers, providing professional support through entire sale process
- Strong understanding of the technical aspects of all annuities and their use cases within broader financial plans
- Educate internal teams and external producers on product changes and new offerings, along with understanding trends, regulations, and the broader financial services landscape
- Triage incoming ticket requests using Salesforce and other internal tools
- Deep understanding of the connection between annuities, life insurance, and AUM, and how they are utilized in comprehensive financial planning and retirement strategies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN TEAM MEMBERS
💁 Customer Centric
You’re obsessed with creating an unparalleled customer experience. You lead with compassion, anticipate customer needs and wants, and bring ease and calm to all interactions—knowing every customer interaction is an opportunity to amaze.
We’re currently building out many new initiatives and programs. You’ll need to quickly ramp up and start executing. We talk a lot about strategy and high-level ideas, and you should be able to independently translate ideas into action, dig into the details, and make progress toward our team’s goals.
🌱 Growth Mindset
You believe that there are always opportunities to improve and learn, especially in the face of mistakes, failure, or setbacks. You see potential everywhere, and actively take steps to learn and grow.
👻 Entrepreneurial Spirit
Entrepreneurial by nature, you are able to take a broad set of inputs, act in a self-directed manner, and take ownership of your projects end-to-end. No task is too big or too small. You can roll with the punches and adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
You understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles, and you celebrate opportunities to reach out and work together cross-functionally and with people from diverse backgrounds.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is required
- 10+ years’ experience in financial planning or a related field
- Experience with Salesforce, Riskalyze/Nitrogen, Annuity Rate Watch, Vital Signs, Winflex, Ensight, Social Security Timing are a plus
WHAT WE VALUE @ SIGNAL
🌔 We’re obsessed with finding a better way. Never settle for less.
🪄 We amaze every client, every time. A great company is built one client at a time.
🏃 We act with a sense of urgency. We use our best judgment to act urgently on the right things at the right time.
👀 We raise our level of awareness. Everything starts with awareness. We’re curious and alert to what is happening around us.
🏈 We find inches everywhere around us. There are thousands of opportunities to make an impact. We take those opportunities and act.
🧭 We do the right thing. Sticking to the highest standard of integrity is not optional.
💪 We have strong opinions, loosely held. It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.
❓ Simplicity is Genius. Simplicity doesn’t just clarify; it makes things better for everyone. It’s that simple.
🙏 Ideas are valued, execution is worshiped. Great ideas get you to the 50-yard line; outstanding execution gets you into the end zone.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The US base salary for this full-time position is determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
In addition to salary, our team members benefits include:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- FSA or HSA-eligible health plans
- 3% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
- Parental leave: 16 weeks for birthing parents & 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Learning & Development stipend
- Wellness Programs
- Unlimited vacation
- 10 company-wide holidays
- $500 for your home office setup
- Remote-first company
- Annual all-company retreat
- Competitive equity package based on on role and level
Our company is committed to building a team that represents the many dimensions of diversity. We know underrepresented groups have been systematically excluded from certain spaces, and we strongly encourage you to apply in honor of the background and identities you embody, including location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as just the start of the conversation. Take the leap — you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t fully match the job description.