Senior Analyst, Data Engineering
At SonderMind, we know that therapy works. SonderMind provides accessible, personalized mental health care that produces high-quality outcomes for individuals. SonderMind's individualized approach to care starts with using innovative technology to help people not just find a therapist, but find the right, in-network therapist for them.
How you'll make an impact
SonderMind is looking to hire a Senior Analyst with an analytics/data engineering background or skillset to work with a high performing team of data analysts and data engineers responsible for the data structure, governance and insights that inform operational and strategic decision-making to drive our business forward.
This role will own or manage the end-to-end process to generate business insights and recommendations related to the enterprise solutions vertical at SonderMind. You will be responsible for advising on or owning the data structure, integrity and governance and you will drive insights both internally for our teams and contribute to the external insights for our customers. In the near term, you will support legacy client reporting with our current enterprise team, while simultaneously building the internal insights to inform the growth of a new business line, informing standardized reporting structure and developing unique insights for new enterprise customers.
- Work flexibly across tech stacks and teams within the organization, owning (or driving recommendations on) data structure, integrity, accuracy and governance, including for new products.
- Provide analysis and insights for work streams related to enterprise solutions to influence product decisions, support testing, and drive novel approaches to this new vertical.
- Provide analytical support and reporting that will ultimately go to external customers outside with a customer centered approach. You will help shape this initial standardized reporting structure and develop additional insights that build data as a product.
- Collaborate well throughout the organization, including with product, engineering, sales, and GTM leaders and communicate recommendations to leaders and project managers
This role is ideal if you are curious, comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and relish the opportunity to tackle complicated business problems. You should be excited about driving technology forward through ambiguity and enjoy learning new systems and tools.
You will be joining a Data Analytics and Analytics Engineering team that is driven, passionate, and collaborative. Our ideal candidate should have exceptional attention to detail, strong work ethic, critical thinking skills, and high comfort communicating insights with leaders.
Success looks like
- Within one month, you have a clear understanding of the legacy tech stack and the status quo reporting and data structure. You have a clear understanding of the metrics that drive your business area you support and understanding the key players, and technologies that will be essential to your job.
- Within two months you understand the drivers of our new vertical and are taking lead in the insights and data that shape the product, including advising on data structure and governance. You are also owning, with assistance, the reporting cycle for legacy customers and are comfortable with the different systems you work in.
- Within three months you are a trusted member of the business team and becoming the expert in your vertical. You are proactively tracking pilots and tests and surfacing insights to improve the GTM approach and product. You have developed and socialized the initial key metrics for your vertical and have a clear sense of what success looks like for the enterprise business unit.
What you'll bring with you
- Technical proficiency in SQL statistical analytics/data visualization/business insight tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI). Python, R, Data Science, Snowflake, Redshift experience.
- Experience assessing, implementing, and monitoring data validation and quality and experience in relational data modeling, schema design, and normalization
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant analytics/analytics engineering roles; specifically supporting external customer reporting via analytics to grow data understanding.
- Demonstrated experience with and/or demonstrated capacity to quickly upskill on a range of business insight platforms, ETL tools, and data warehouse products.
- Degree in statistics, computer science, applied math, or a quantitative behavioral sciences field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in an early or growth-stage startup or in a high-growth environment.
- Experience in digital healthcare.
What we value
- Curious: Seek to understand and pull the thread
- Courageous: Takes action, even when uncomfortable
- Lightful: Assume positive intent in others
- Authentic: Say what you mean, mean what you say, act accordingly
- Bucketworthy: Don’t let your bucket leak
The anticipated salary range for this role is $115,000 -$135,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- Paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.