The Tandem team is looking for an Onboarding Specialist to support our growing user base of childcare centers in new and existing markets. As an Onboarding Specialist, you will be responsible for activating and retaining childcare centers through consistent, supportive communication. Your goal will be two-fold: onboard new centers and re-engage inactive centers. As you do this, you will look for and implement strategies that improve the overall customer experience and customer support process.You should consider this role if…
- You are tactical and self-motivated. You love creating a to do list and executing.
- You love to work with people. You are a great listener, a decisive thinker, and a patient human.
- You’re a problem-solver. You aim to understand the pain point of the customer, then articulate the solution you have to offer.
- You want to make an impact in the childcare industry. You feel passionate about how underserved the childcare industry is and in turn, have a strong desire to make an impact in this space alongside our team.
- You will support centers that have made a profile on Tandem’s platform. You will onboard new centers so they are ready to utilize the platform. You will engage directly with users regarding their next steps to increase retention and reduce drop-off. You will work to re-engage centers who are not currently transacting customers. You will understand their past experiences with Tandem in hopes of re-activating them.
- Your support of open accounts will involve phone calls and emails.
- You will know Tandem’s products inside and out. You’ll be able to guide users through processes and ensure they have the information they need to succeed on their own.
- You will maintain a positive, patient, and professional attitude towards customers.
- You will ideate and identify customer service tactics that work and create consistency around our growth and retention strategy.
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service, sales, or a support role.
- Familiar and savvy with digital platforms, including mobile apps and websites.
- Excellent soft skills, including listening and professionalism.
- Excellent and organic oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish proficiently is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with process creation and improvement efforts.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: working at a startup, scaling a product to support new markets, building a two-sided marketplace, fintech platform, or B2B business model, and/or understanding the care industry (specifically childcare centers).
- Being a nice human! This is a non-negotiable.
- You’ll be a key player in taking an early stage product to new markets and beyond. When you’re such a small team, you bring a whole drawer of hats to work. You will be able to flex and grow your skills to support a variety of different functions.
- You’ll get the opportunity to truly tackle a fundamental crisis our nation is facing. There’s no sugarcoating here, you’ll be fully immersed in the good and the bad, and be able to work every day to make an impact.
- You’ll work with an awesome team of people. As a company, and as individuals, we are people that always strive to outrun our yesterday selves. We work together to shoot as high as we can, while always being a backboard to each other when we experience the inevitable highs and lows of building a company.