Lead Implementation Engineer
At Thoughtful, we are looking for a Lead Implementation Engineer to own and drive the successful implementation of our automation solutions (bots) leveraging technologies including systems automation, RPA, API automation, architecture design, and more.
This is an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and “voice of the customer” driving success for organizations looking to use automation to realize business outcomes. You’ll be armed with any tools needed, small but mighty implementation teams, and the freedom to unlock customer value.
As a Lead Implementation Engineer @ Thoughtful, you’ll lead a team of implementation engineers and provide technical direction and strategy, code reviews, troubleshooting to resolve issues that arise in final customer acceptance, and hands-on engineering to unblock your teams when needed. Additionally, you’ll partner with our go-to-market teams to provide strategic technical guidance to help us scope and plan successful implementations. Your north stars are to deliver swift time-to-value for our customers and stable, easy-to-maintain solutions.
Being a lead implementation engineer on our CX team is the centerpiece of value to our customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of the business, join us!
- Expertise in tools used for software development: Python, containerized workloads, CI/CD, automated version control systems, software artifacts management tools, code quality, engineering standards, logging, and metrics
- Designing, implementing, and supporting automations to meet our customers’ needs
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with customers’ technical staff to recommend solutions and how to improve them
- Keep up-to-date on the latest automation/RPA technologies and how they can be used/deployed within the automation engineering organization
- Resolving technical and code level obstacles in advance and as they arise
- Providing supervision and guidance to automation engineering teams
- Continually researching the current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed
- Owning the single voice of truth to stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have
- Owning all communications on automation development processes and implementations
- Lead and coordinate response to escalations. Lead incident and root-cause analysis with calm and an eye toward service improvement
- 6+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience with design, delivery, and operational excellence with custom technical solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or eight years of equivalent work experience
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for the precise articulation of hypotheses and outcomes
- Ruthless prioritization skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset and determination to do whatever it takes to achieve your mission
- You have marketing or growth experience at a hyper-growth SaaS company
- Experience with automation, RPA, OCR, IaaS, PaaS, DevOps, and product engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization; strong technical and leadership skills; experience building and fostering strong working relationships
- Experience influencing without direct authority at senior levels of internal and external organizations; strong people and negotiation skills
Something looks off?