Technical Product Manager
Thoughtful is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Technical Product Manager to join our ambitious platform engineering team. You will touch all products spanning both our customer and developer experiences. This role has unlimited potential to progress into a product leader as the team grows. You’ll be responsible for our most high-impact and thought-provoking projects that span our entire value chain. We are highly technical, organized, and deliver projects with overlapping ownership lines.
As the first PM, you’ll work directly with the company's leadership team to research, validate, and execute against our lofty platform ambitions. This role will require you to stretch beyond your comfort zone to help us break new ground and create something truly novel in this world.
This role has unlimited potential to progress into a product leader as the team grows. The platform engineering team is responsible for our most crucial and thought-provoking projects that span our entire value delivery chain. We are highly technical, organized, and deliver projects across ambiguous ownership lines.
- Deeply understand our user needs by spending time with customers, developers, sales, and operations teams
- Work with leadership to define the product strategy and own an ambitious product roadmap to deliver business outcomes
- Thrive in ambiguity and be able to build 0 → 1 product experiences
- Deeply engage technical requirements and the customer experience
- Decompose projects into completable parts
- Work with engineering teams to plan and deliver
- Improve processes, identify systemic problems, and recommend solutions
- Manage cross-organization integration and migration efforts
- Work with teams across the organization—engineering, customer experience, product design, marketing, etc.—to keep them aware of timelines and capabilities
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in a product role at a developer tools tech company
- Owned multi-quarter product roadmaps and strategies
- Partnered closely with engineers to build products and complex systems at scale
- An obsession with product quality and an eye for design
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for articulating customer problems and opportunities
- An entrepreneurial mindset and determination to do whatever it takes to make your product successful
- Thrives in an environment requiring extreme autonomy, self-motivation, and a bias toward action
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other engineering disciplines, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated quantitative reasoning, problem-solving, creativity, and strategic skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects spanning multiple disciplines, stakeholders, and technologies within a fast-paced environment and change priorities rapidly as required by the business
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail
- Hands-on and technically savvy, you have experience helping teams launch applications into a complex production environment
- You have Technical Product Management experience at a growing developer-focused SaaS company with a strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization; strong technical and leadership skills; experience building and fostering strong working relationships
- Experience influencing without direct authority at senior levels of internal and external organizations; strong people and negotiation skills
- Business acumen; ability to assess problems and implement suitable solutions keeping technology and customers in perspective
- You take a data-driven approach to product management, building tools (workflows, custom work intake processes, estimation models), collecting data, and driving stakeholder buy-in.
Something looks off?