Principal Product Designer
Thoughtful AI is actively seeking an experienced and ambitious Product Designer to join our mission. We are looking for a talented individual with a proven track record of designing exceptional product experiences for B2B customers. As a Product Designer at Thoughtful AI, you will play a key role in creating cutting-edge product experiences that address our user's critical business challenges. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of AI-driven interfaces as we explore innovative ways for customers to interact with our products.
- Deliver aesthetically engaging interfaces that captivate and delight users.
- Take ownership of UI and interaction design, tackling difficult challenges with bold and holistic design solutions that elevate the experience of working with our AI-powered products.
- Embrace first principles thinking and reimagine user interactions with AI-powered products and data.
- Lead design projects from initial brief, research, and concept exploration to prototyping and visual design.
- Collaborate with the team to plan and conduct user research activities.
- Test prototypes to gain insights into user needs, emotions, and product resonance, synthesizing results to build comfort and trust in our AI-driven workforce.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to define both long-term strategies and short-term tactics for our products.
- Adapt to both broadly defined, open-ended concepts and narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Foster a highly collaborative environment by working closely with product and project teams.
- Participate in design reviews and regularly share your work with company leadership.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy collaborating with a tight-knit team to explore, design, ship, and iterate on products.
- Thrive in in-person whiteboarding sessions to drive generative ideation and foster collaboration.
- Feel comfortable working directly with founders in an agile format, testing and iterating to meet business needs.
- Can distill complex problems into flexible, powerful, and user-friendly solutions.
- Are an avid learner who values feedback and data to inform design decisions.
- Get excited about exploring new ways for customers to interact with unique datasets.
- Excel at explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and actively seek feedback to produce your best work.
- Pay meticulous attention to details, striving for pixel-perfect experiences while maintaining speed.
- Think in systems and can extend and extrapolate shared patterns and behaviors.
- Have at least 5 years of relevant design experience at a high-growth, tech-focused, product-driven company.
Thoughtful AI Benefits
- Employee stock options
- Remote work options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy, encouraging a minimum of 3 weeks of paid time off per year
If you possess some or all of the following qualifications, please apply:
- Strong design portfolio showcasing your depth of interface design skills.
- Naturally curious and driven to push the boundaries of what's possible.
- Take pride in your work, demonstrating ownership and consistently delivering high-quality results.
- Methodical approach with strong attention to detail.
- Self-directed and decisive, taking initiative to drive action.
- Continuously improving and open to feedback through collaboration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in remote team environments.
- Experience working with leaders, presenting and defending your design decisions.
- Previous experience leading the end-to-end design process.
Please include the following in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio.
- Your LinkedIn profile.
- A brief statement explaining why Thoughtful AI is of interest to you and why you’d be a perfect fit.