Session Lead (External Contractor) - Digital Transformation and Cybersecurity for Business Leaders (Saudi Arabia)
Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Session Leads are industry professionals who provide world-class technical support to our learners in their Nanodegree journey. All our session leads are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
As a Session Lead/Instructor, you will be meeting virtually on a weekly basis with your students for group work, activities and short lectures. During the week, students are expected to study an estimated 10 hours on their Nanodegree programs on their own, and you will be expected to respond to their technical questions and check-in with them to make sure they are making progress.
- Bilingual in Arabic and English
- Saudi nationals residing in Saudi Arabia.
- Technical Competence: Business Analytics, Business Management, Business Strategy, Business Model Design Security or Information Security Management, Disaster Recovery and Computer Forensics Computer Application, Network Security IT Operations and System/Network Administration, Risk Management or Vulnerability Assessment
- Graduate from Cybersecurity for Business Leaders courses/Nanodegree programs is an added plus.
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Experience organizing technical talks, or webinars
- Ability to answer students' questions in both Arabic and English
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge part-time as an external contractor.
- Managing weekly Connect sessions with students according to Udacity guidelines
- Creating the Udacity Connect session agenda & notes
- Coordinating between the students and the Udacity Connect team
- Reporting to Udacity the weekly overall attendance status of students & observations about each session
- Being present at every Connect session over Zoom, helping students introduce themselves, organizing students in groups and keeping track of time
- Explaining concepts of the Nanodegree program to your group of students when needed
- Solving questions raised by students during the Connect session
- Reporting student's attendance and progress to the Mentor's dashboard
- Communicating with students on Slack
- Weekly check-in with all students on their progress
Why should you apply?
- Work remotely as an External Contractor
- Earn additional income
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Learn more about the Session Lead Guidelines.
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.