Technical Mentor (Independent Contractor) - Data Analyst Nanodegree (US Canada, Europe, MENA, India & APAC Timezones)
Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
In our mission toward powering careers through tech education, we are doubling down on the support that we offer to our students. As a part of this, we want to extend an opportunity to you to become a Technical Mentor with Udacity. Our Tech Mentors are industry professionals who provide world-class technical support to our students in their Nanodegree journey. All our Technical Mentors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
JOIN THE TEAM TODAY
- 2+ years of experience in Data Analysis
- English fluency is a MUST
- SQL, Python, Numpy/Pandas/Matlplotlib, Web Scraping, Data Wrangling in Pandas, Visualising univariate, bivariate and multivariate plots in matloptlob
- 2+ years of working experience related to the above skillsets.
- Graduate from Data Analyst Nanodegree Program is an added plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Public Speaking
- Student-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, independent contractor
Your responsibilities as a technical mentor will be divided into three major tasks.
- 1:1 video calls
- Virtual Technical Deep-Dive Sessions
- Group Q&A sessions
Personal 1:1 Session:
- Mentors will answer any questions that learners have about the project or course content.
- Prior to the call mentors are expected to review the students' previous project submission(s) - provided by the Mentor Success Team when available - and/or any specific areas of the Nanodegree content or project that the student has expressed confusion or difficulty with.
Technical Deep-Dive Session:
- For concept deep-dives, mentors will come prepared with a slide presentation that reviews a Nanodegree concept in more detail, share different use-cases for the concept to broaden student perspectives and understanding, and hold a Q&A session with the learners.
- For project walkthroughs, a mentor will come prepared with a slide presentation that outlines each element of the rubric to help learners understand expectations and typical problem areas they may encounter. This can include a mentor “grading” a sample submission to demonstrate what mentors are looking for when reviewing projects.
Group Q&A Session:
- Mentors will host office hours/Q&A sessions to answer any questions learners have regarding projects.
- These sessions may be held on Slack or video call.
- No preparation is necessary for these sessions.
Why should you apply?
- Gain recognition for your technical knowledge
- Earn additional income
- Contribute to a vibrant, global student community
- Stay updated on the latest cutting-edge technologies
There are only Limited open positions, so please don’t wait too long to apply!
Before applying, we would request you to kindly complete the General Information Form if you haven't filled it already.
Note: Technical Mentors work independently and set their own schedule. However, the above-mentioned opportunities are subjected to a specific schedule and agenda. If selected you would be provided with access to the Mentorship Nanodegree program. You are requested to graduate from the Mentorship Nanodegree in order to be onboarded as a Technical Mentor.
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.