Technical Content Developer
Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Udacity’s Content Team is looking for a multi-talented Technical Content Developer to advise industry subject matter experts on how to build effective hands-on learning experiences for our students in the fields of autonomous systems, embedded systems, and robotics. You’ll devise professional learning paths and provide instructional design leadership through the course development process, analyze student feedback to find solutions to improve our content, and continually innovate on ways to improve author and student experiences.
- Collaborate with authors and internal team members to design effective online content.
- Coach new authors on the Udacity course development process, Udacity tooling and templates, and pedagogical best practices.
- Provide pedagogical feedback to instructors on the content they develop from the perspective of being the “first student”.
- Create learning content including videos, text, technical exercises, quizzes, and projects, in the Udacity classroom.
- Review learning content, including technical solutions, to ensure it satisfies Udacity quality standards and style guidelines and revise content as needed.
- Support authors in creating coding environments in our workspaces.
- Analyze data and learner feedback to improve content effectiveness and student outcomes.
- Keeping abreast of current market trends and demand and providing input on new content to create
- Use technical expertise, industry knowledge, and research skills to develop high-level scopes for Udacity content
Required Knowledge, Experience, and Abilities:
- A strong foundation in embedded systems, including low-level hardware and programming.
- Familiarity with C and C++ programming, RTOS, communication protocols, drivers, Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud services is a plus.
- 4+ years experience in teaching and/or curriculum development experience
- Experience using version control tools like Git
- Excellent English verbal, written, and copy-editing skills
- A can-do attitude and a growth mindset
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams, managing different priorities and personalities to reach common goals.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple assignments each week
- Experience using project management tools (e.g., Jira) and familiarity with productivity suites such as Google Workspace.
- Understanding of online learning and experience developing asynchronous online course content
- Demonstrated history of learning and applying new technical skills
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.