Senior Product Manager
Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll develop the products and tools that support our growing Enterprise business. Udacity for Enterprise is a platform that empowers organizations to solve digital transformation challenges by upskilling employees in emerging technologies. Your role will be to support this business as it rapidly scales by building and extending products that enable positive learner and business outcomes. You will work with a global team of passionate individuals in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Success in the role will involve establishing and maintaining a business-focused product management process that supports the expansion and growth of Udacity’s enterprise business.
The ideal candidate thrives in a global, dynamic environment, can effectively manage complex projects with customers and internal stakeholders, and is passionate about extending the reach of Udacity’s product to train the world’s workforce.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap that supports the expansion and scalability of Udacity’s global enterprise business
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand the customer experience and document key pain points and opportunities
- Define and develop product requirements and collaborate closely with engineering to develop and release them
- Effectively communicate the roadmap, product features, and release plans to senior leadership and get buy-in
- Drive product launches and collaborate with business team to facilitate awareness and adoption of new features, and capture customer feedback
- Collaborate with Udacity product management team to build a scalable, robust, cross-channel platform that flexibly supports our different lines of business
What we value:
- 4+ years of experience as a product manager, with experience building and launching Enterprise products
- Demonstrated product ownership of a product or major product area including roadmap ownership
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with extreme attention to detail on tight deadlines
- Track record of managing all aspects of the product lifecycle for a successful product
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence internal and external stakeholders
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
- Experience deriving and presenting insights to business leaders
- Ability to have collaborative, technical discussions with engineers and understand technical tradeoffs
Location: While this is a remote role, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States of America on a full-time basis
Compensation: The base pay for this position ranges from $160,000- $200,000, depending on experience and location. This role is also eligible for a discretionary bonus, participation in Udacity’s equity plan and generous benefits
Benefits: Experience a rewarding work environment with Udacity's perks and benefits!
- At Udacity, we offer you the flexibility of working from home. We also have in-person collaboration spaces in Mountain View, Cairo, Dubai and Noida and continue to build opportunities for team members to connect in person
- Flexible working hours
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee wellness resources and initiatives (access to wellness platforms like Headspace, Modern Health and a quarterly wellness day off)
- Personalised career development
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.