Senior Solutions Architect
Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Udacity is currently seeking a Solutions Architect to join our fast growing Sales team. If you love the challenge of a startup, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on! Udacity's online platform serves to upskill the modern workforce with the bleeding edge technology skills that will help companies achieve their digital transformation initiatives. As a Solution Architect, you will partner with our Sales teams across GTMs, Customer Success and Strategic Alliances teams as we engage with Global 2000+ customers and prospects to align our programs and content with their desired business outcomes. In this role, you will leverage your technical expertise in a customer-facing capacity to understand the scope of customer challenges in achieving their business initiatives, and will prescribe and architect a comprehensive solution. You'll play a key role in growing Udacity’s revenues by leading pre-sales technical/functional support activities to prospective customers and existing customers.
Successful candidates in this role will have previous experience in technical sales, consulting, and/or enterprise account management, and be comfortable presenting to Senior Executive audiences as well as holding technical discussions with SMEs on topics such as Data Science, AI, and Cloud. Other valuable experience includes a working knowledge of the modern IT landscape in enterprise settings (e.g. advanced analytics, machine learning, GenAI, software development lifecycle, cloud services).
- Partner with our sales team to exceed new business sales quotas as well as with our customer success team to exceed renewal quotas by demonstrating both technical and business acumen.
- Deeply understand Udacity’s curriculum with a focus on artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, cloud and related technical topics to become a customer-facing content expert.
- Articulate Udacity’s unique value proposition and ROI story to Technology and Business Leaders at Global 2000 enterprises by being a trusted advisor and understanding the roles and best practices of a successful upskilling and reskilling initiative.
- Advising enterprise prospects and customers on critical technical skills across data science, AI/ML, software engineering, cybersecurity, cloud and business/leadership skills - mapping them to their top technology initiatives & business objectives and Udacity's portfolio.
- Assessing enterprise prospects' and customers’ technical requirements, employee learning patterns and best practices for success by engaging with prospects throughout the sales engagement process.
- Identify trends in emerging technology adoption across enterprises to inform new content creation and product innovation.
- Identify and build relationships with technical champions within our enterprise customer organizations.
What We Value:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS), content management systems (CMS), and skill assessment tools.
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience in SaaS, or consulting experience delivering digital transformation solutions.
- Fluent in Arabic & English language
- Understanding of common enterprise technology stacks in data science, artificial intelligence, software engineering and cloud ecosystems.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must have superior listening, questioning, collaboration and leadership skills.
- Demonstrating ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Experience working in consulting, SaaS, or selling learning solutions
- MEDDIC/Force Management background
- Advanced experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Data Science
- Programming & Development
- Cloud Computing
- Business & Leadership
- Configuring API & SSO experience
- Additional language skills (e.g. Spanish, German)
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.